Preston County Economic Development Authority Strategic Plan 2021-2022
Preston County's Economic Development strategic plan was developed by PCEDA staff and members of and other key business and government leaders in a collaborative process that included an economic development analysis of Preston County.
Preston County's economic development plan includes six short-term goals
- Have Grace Chapel property ready for sale/lease/development.
- Create a new website and branding for the PCEDA.
- Continue to expand broadband in Preston County.
- Continue to work on county water & sewer infrastructure.
- Encourage investment in amenities and recreational infrastructure.
- Develop a financial sustainability plan for the PCEDA.
The plan also includes four long-term goals for Preston County, WV
- Investigate ways to increase the availability of workforce housing.
- Work with the Preston County Commission and WVDOH to upgrade Rt. 7, Rt. 26, Kingwood Pike and Rt 50.
- Attract agritourism opportunities and marketing.
- Determine the viability of a workforce training center at Grace Chapel.